Here we will discuss how to use the script editor web part in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online. Script editor web part has been newly introduced in SharePoint 2013.
Previously there were content editor web parts to write HTML and scripts inside a web part page in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
Microsoft introduced a special web part known as a script editor web part in SharePoint 2013. The web part is designed to add scripts inside a web part page in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online. We can also add HTML content into a script editor web part in SharePoint.
To add a script editor web part make sure you have the permission to edit the page. Sometimes if you are working on a subsite, even if you are an owner of the subsite, you will not see the web part categories while editing the page. To know how to solve the issue, you can check Script editor and Content editor web part missing in SharePoint Online Office 365.
To add a script editor web part, edit the SharePoint web part page, then from the Ribbon click on INSERT -> Web Part -> then from the categories select Media and Content and then choose Script Editor web part as shown in the fig below:
Once you add the script editor web part into the web part page, you can see EDIT SNIPPET button.
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- How to use Page viewer web part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or Online
- How to use SharePoint date filter web part in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Promoted links web part in SharePoint online
- Enable Chart Web Part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online
- JQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
I hope this will be helpful to know more about Script editor web part in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com