This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to create list view on the fly in SharePoint Online modern experience.
SharePoint Online modern experience introduced a new way to create Views more quickly. In SharePoint 2010/2013 classic experience, we can create Views in a traditional way that takes time but in SharePoint Online, Microsoft introduced a new way of creating Views. Let us explore how to create a View using this new feature in Modern sites and Classic SharePoint sites.
Create List View in Modern SharePoint Sites
Here I have a created a custom SharePoint list as “Employee information” which has few columns and the list looks like below:
In modern SharePoint site, users can’t quickly create a View on the location and skill-based filter in a traditional way.
We overcome the limitation of the SharePoint List View using the new feature of SharePoint Online.
Create a View on location and skill-based filter in SharePoint list
Open the list in “All items” view and apply the filter on location and skills column. Then, click expand All Items and select the save view as option like below:
Then it will show a popup, where you can give a view name and click on the Save button like below:
Finally, the SharePoint Online list view will looks like below:
Create a List view in Classic SharePoint Site
Now, we will see how we to create the same fiter view using SharePoint Online classic experience.
Here, I have created a custom list, “Employee information” which looks like below:
In classic SharePoint site, the users can’t quickly create a view on the location and skills-based filter in a traditional way.
We overcome the limitation of the SharePoint list view using SharePoint 2013 new feature.
Create a view on location and skills base filter
Open the list all items view and apply the filter on location and skills column and click on SAVE THIS VIEW hyperlink.
After selecting SAVE THIS VIEW Hyper link the below pop screen appears. Set the view name and click on the Save button.
Finally the classic SharePoint list view will look like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorial:
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online
- Show SharePoint list view data in accordion view using jslink
- Add header and footer to list view web part using JSLink in SharePoint Online
- Customize list view using jslink in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2016/Online List View Auto Indexing Automatic Index Management
- Show paging at top in list view web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online using jQuery
- Remove hyperlink from title column in SharePoint 2010/2013/Online list view
- Freeze Header Row in List View or Library on Scrolling using jQuery in SharePoint
This is a good feature in SharePoint Online to create list views on the fly.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.