This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to solve error the database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services. The Database Engine does not meet edition requirements for report data sources or the report server database.
Here, I would like to address the issue with SSRS after downgrading SQL server version from Enterprise to Developer edition.
My client has downgraded SQL server associated with SharePoint from Enterprise version to the development version. Soon they completed this change SSRS services stopped working and we were getting below issue:
The database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services
As it shows the issue is, SSRS SQL service version is not matching with SQL server version matching with SharePoint 2013.
Follow the below 2 steps to fix this issue:
Log on to the server where SSRS SQL service is installed and uninstall “Microsoft SQL Server 2014 RS Add-in for SharePoint” as part of the installed programs.
Install the SQL RS add-in with developer version and restart all the SQL services.
For more information, please find this MSDN article explaining about the same issue.
You may like following SSRS tutorials:
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy
- SSRS Data Source is not responding error as The report server is unable to access encrypted data
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- Configure Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- HTTP 401.1 Access Denied in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create managed metadata navigation in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013
- SQL Server Reporting Services installation and configuration in SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint 2013 Report Data Source content type is missing
- SharePoint content database tutorial
This tutorial, we learned how to solve error the database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services. The Database Engine does not meet edition requirements for report data sources or the report server database.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019