[Solved] This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this windows tutorial, I will explain how to resolve This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter. As part of the SharePoint 2019 VM configuration, I was trying to activate the Windows Server 2016 data canter. But when I enter the product key, it gave error as This edition cannot be upgraded error like below:
Before we activate the Windows server with the key we have, we need to ensure that we are eligible for upgrading to full version. So, we will know the current and eligible versions of windows server with the below PowerShell commands.
DISM /online /Get-CurrentEdition
To know the possible target version of the windows server run the below PowerShell command,
DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions
Now that we know the target version, run the below PowerShell command to activate windows.
DISM /online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenter /ProductKey:xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx /AcceptEula
DISM /online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenter /ProductKey:
Now our windows server is activates successfully !!! You can see below now the Windows edition is Windows Server 2016 datacenter.
You may like below windows server tutorials:
- Configure DNS in windows Server 2012 step by step tutorial
- Solved How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- Solved How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- Deploy SQL Server 2016 on the Azure Portal Using Windows server 2012
- How to add user in active directory in windows server 2016?
- Install and configure windows server 2016 active directory and domain controller
Hope this helps, enjoy your development and learning !!!
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)