What is content type in SharePoint 2013?
- A content type represents a group of informational items in your organization that share common properties. The properties can be name, description etc.
How to create content type in SharePoint 2013?
- When you create a content type, you must select a parent from which it automatically inherits any existing settings for a template, workflow, or metadata columns.
Follow below steps to create a content type in SharePoint 2013:
- From the top level of your site collection, select Site Settings from the Settings menu. The Site Settings page appears.
- Under the Web Designer Galleries group, select Site Content Types. The Site Content Types page appears listing all content types available within the site collection.
- Click Create. The New Site Content Type screen appears.
- In the New Site Content Type
page Give a Name, Description, Select Parent Content Type From (from the drop down menu), Parent Content Type and also Put this Content Type into (New Group) and give a name for the new group.
- Click on OK.
- Then it will create a content type as well as it will redirected to the content type administration page. From this page, you can manage the properties of the content type, such as metadata, workflow settings, and template.