This SharePoint Online tutorial will show you how to create and use an anchor link on the SharePoint site page. We will also see how to build a site page on the SharePoint site.
We recently received a request to create and use an anchor link on a page while working with the SharePoint Site Pages. Before creating an anchor link on the site pages, first, we will see how to build a page on the SharePoint site.
Create a Page on the SharePoint site
SharePoint pages are simply a way to display content on a specific site. The purpose of a SharePoint page is to show SharePoint users what content is stored on the Site and how it is arranged.
To create a page on the SharePoint site, the following steps are:
- Navigate to your Home page of the SharePoint site. (Teams site or communication site).
- Click on the New > Page.
- As we are going to create a blank site page, click on Blank > Create Page.
- It will redirect to the blank page, where we need to give a Title to the page. (Ex: Human Resource Administration)
- Also, it allows customizing the title area by setting a different layout, alignment, background gradient, etc. For that, click on the Edit icon and select the options as needed.
- Similarly, while hovering over the title area, you can find another option to change the background image.
- Under the Title area or header of the SharePoint site page, we can find a section where we can add web parts, text, tables, headings, etc.
- Let’s add some text content including images on the section of the SharePoint site page.
- Also, format the text headings and subheadings with heading styles such as H1, H2, and H3. Below, I am displaying an example of a section where I have added text content including images with alignments.
Once the site page is finished, publish it to the SharePoint site. As a result, the page will available for other site users. This is how to create a build modern site page on SharePoint Online.
Add an anchor link to the SharePoint site page
By using the anchor link, we can navigate to the page where we want. To add an anchor link to the SharePoint site page, the following steps are:
- Open the site page on another tab. Here, I open the above-published page on another tab.
- While hovering the mouse, we can find a link next to the heading and subheadings.
- Copy the link from the published page.
- Reopen the page in edit mode on another tab. Select the text, where you want to place the copied link.
- For this, select the text i.e., About us > Select Hyperlink (Ctrl + K).
- A dialogue page will appear to insert the link in the Address bar as shown below. Click on Save.
Now, we can see the anchor tag is added to the selected text i.e., About us.
Similarly, let’s add an anchor link to the Career. Click on the Save button and we can see the link will be created on the Career as shown below.
Now, republish the page to the SharePoint site. We can see when the user clicks on any anchor link, it will redirect to the respective section as shown below:
This is how to add page anchor links using quick links on the SharePoint site page.
From this SharePoint Online Tutorial, we have learned how to create a site page on the SharePoint Online site. Also, we have learned how to add anchor links to the SharePoint site page.
You may also like:
- SharePoint Online Page properties web part
- Create SharePoint page template
- How to remove SharePoint Online Modern Page Title using PowerShell
- SharePoint redirect to another page
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Our audiences are from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a Microsoft SharePoint MVP (9 times). I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.