In this SharePoint tutorial, we will learn about the SharePoint Online weather web part and also will cover how to display the modern SharePoint weather web part temperature as Celsius and Fahrenheit.
The Weather web part is not available in SharePoint Server 2019.
What is a SharePoint Online Weather web part?
- The modern SharePoint Online Weather web part displays the current weather for the selected location.
- In a single section layout, we can add multiple locations and show the weather information for the selected locations.
- The Weather web part is available on the modern SharePoint team site as well as the communication site and it is not available in SharePoint Server 2019.
Read SharePoint Online Page properties web part
Add weather web part SharePoint online
- Open the SharePoint site page -> Select the Edit Page option -> Click on the + icon to add a new section layout and then select the + icon and add the Weather web part in the modern SharePoint site page.
In the below screenshot, we can see the weather web part is added. In addition, we can add the title to the weather web part, and also we can add a weather location that you want to display in the web part.
This is how to add a weather web part in SharePoint online.
Read SharePoint Online List Web Part
Edit weather web part SharePoint online
Let us see how we can edit and configure the weather web part in modern SharePoint,
- Select the Edit icon in the modern SharePoint weather web part. It opens the weather web properties pane towards the right, where we can select the temperature as Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- In the below screenshot you can see, that I have added the three locations and displayed the temperature as Fahrenheit in the weather web part as well as added the title like ‘Weather Web Part’.
- Select Republish to commit your changes.
This is how we can edit and configure the weather web part on a modern SharePoint page.
Read SharePoint Online Code snippet web part
Modern SharePoint weather web part celsius
Let us discuss how we can display the temperature in a celsius on the weather web part in modern SharePoint,
- Once the location is added, we can edit the weather web part and change the display of the temperature to Celsius in the properties pane of the weather web part.
- Select Republish to save your changes.
In the below screenshot, we can see it displays the celsius temperature in the modern SharePoint weather web part.
This is how we can display the temperature at a celsius on the weather web part in modern SharePoint.
Read How to use SharePoint document library web part
Modern SharePoint weather web part date format
No, it is not possible to change the date format in the modern SharePoint weather web part.
- The date format is not customizable, because the weather web part collects information from the MSN weather site.
- If we want to see the complete weather information, then we can check them on the MSN weather site.
In this SharePoint modern tutorial, we learned what is Weather web part is and how to add and edit the weather web part with examples. And also covered the below-mentioned topics:
- Modern SharePoint weather web part celsius
- Modern SharePoint weather web part date format
You may like the following related SharePoint web part articles:
- SharePoint Online Events Web Part
- SharePoint Text Web Part
- SharePoint Group Calendar Web Part
- SharePoint Button and Call to action Web Part
- SharePoint Image Gallery Web Part
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Our audiences are from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a Microsoft SharePoint MVP (9 times). I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.