SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to do column formatting in a modern list in SharePoint Online Office 365. As we know Microsoft provided many new features in SharePoint modern page, this is one of the good features in SharePoint Online modern list.
We can’t see this feature in SharePoint classic page. If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience, then read below tutorials:
- SharePoint Modern Experience – All You Need to Know!
- SharePoint Online Switch from classic experience to modern experience (List & Document Libraries)
- View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library
- How to set a modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
SharePoint modern list column formatting
Step 1: Login to the SharePoint Online Office 365 site -> Go to site contents -> Create a list as per below screenshot.
Step 2: Next click on any column in the SharePoint Online list and go to Column settings -> Format this column
Step 3: Once you click on Format this column, you will get default background colors to set in your list column.
Step 4: You can choose any other colors as per the requirement and next click on the Save button.
Step 5: This is the view of my SharePoint Online list after column formatting.
Step 6: The same steps I have applied for the status column where you can set the color as per the list status value.
Step 7: The below is the screenshot of my SharePoint Online list column where I change the colors as per the status value.
Step 8: Below is the final list after I applied the colors in the SharePoint Online list view. We can also apply the condition using code.
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- Change column ordering in list forms in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Make Title field read-only using SPClientTempltes and JSLink in SharePoint Online
- Change Column Order in List Forms (new/edit/display) in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online without using Code
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to implement column formatting in SharePoint Online modern list.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)