Here we will discuss how to check which SharePoint version installed in the server. We can use PowerShell to retrieve SharePoint installed version. Also, we can see installed SharePoint version from SharePoint central administration.
We can get the installed SharePoint version using PowerShell as well as we can get through central administration.
Check Installed SharePoint version PowerShell
You can use the below command to know which version of SharePoint installed in the server.
get-spfarm | select BuildVersion
Major Minor Build Revision
——– ——– —— ———–
14 0 4762 1000
Check the below diagram:
Check Installed SharePoint Version from SharePoint Central Administration
We can also check which version of SharePoint installed in the server from SharePoint central administration.
Open SharePoint central administration -> Then from the System Settings click on Manage servers in this farm.
Then in the Manage servers in this farm, you will able to see the version details as shown in the fig below.
You may like SharePoint installation tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 Download + FREE PDF on SharePoint 2019 Installation Steps Download & New Features
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013 hardware and software installation requirements
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation error The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account
- Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list
- Top 35 SharePoint 2013 interview questions and answers
I hope this SharePoint Administration tutorial helps to know which version of SharePoint installed in the SharePoint server using PowerShell as well as using SharePoint Central Administration.
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.