How to Check SharePoint version installed on the server?
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Here we will discuss how we can check which SharePoint version installed in the server. We can use PowerShell to retrieve SharePoint installed version. Also, we can see installed SharePoint version from SharePoint central administration.
We can get the installed SharePoint version using PowerShell as well as we can get through central administration.
Check Installed SharePoint version PowerShell
You can use below command to know which version of SharePoint installed in the server.
get-spfarm | select BuildVersion
Major Minor Build Revision
——– ——– —— ———–
14 0 4762 1000
Check the below diagram:
Check Installed SharePoint Version from SharePoint Central Administration
We can also check which version of SharePoint installed in the server from SharePoint central administration.
Open SharePoint central administration -> Then from the System Settings click on Manage servers in this farm.
Then in the Manage servers in this farm, you will able to see the version details as shown in the fig below.
You may like SharePoint installation tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 Download + FREE PDF on SharePoint 2019 Installation Steps Download & New Features
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
- SharePoint server 2016 installation step by step tutorial on windows server 2016
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013 hardware and software installation requirements
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation error The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation error Setup cannot find or validate an installation file
Hope this SharePoint Administration tutorial helps to know which version of SharePoint installed in the SharePoint server using PowerShell as well as using SharePoint Central Administration.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.