How to remove/hide default title column from SharePoint Online list (modern/Classic)
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint customization tutorial, we will discuss how to hide default title column from the list or library in SharePoint Online modern list.
The Title column is a default metadata column used in the content types for both a Document and an Item content type. These columns exist in every new library and you cannot delete them from the standard column lists.
Remove the Title field from SharePoint Online List
So here we can’t hide the title column in the same way, in the way we are doing for a custom column in SharePoint list. Here we need to follow a different step.
Step 1: Here I have created a SharePoint Online list and by default, Title columns appear in the list like below.
Step 2: Open the list and go to the list settings page, then in the General Settings, click on Advanced settings like below:
Step 3: Once you click on Advance settings, it will appear a new page where you need to enable the allow management of content type as Yes.
Step 4: Next go back to your list settings page and click on Item under content types.
Step 5: Next click on the Title column and here there is an option Hide(will not appear in page) under column settings. Next, check it and click on OK button.
Your can also make the Title column optional by choosing “Optional (May contain Information)“.
Step 6: Next go back to your list and check your title column is now disappear in the SharePoint Online list.
You may like following SharePoint list and document library tutorials:
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Difference between SharePoint classic and modern experiences in list and library
- Delete content type from SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Get all lists and document libraries programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Create a Survey in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Different ways to hide/disable quick edit in a list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- How copy items from one list to another list using csom .Net managed object model code in SharePoint online?
- Disable or Hide Sync Button at SharePoint Online Site and Document Libraries Level
This blog is all about how to hide default title column for list and library. You can follow the same steps for the library as well.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)