In this post we will discuss how to show checkboxes which goes missing in document library while migrating from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013. Recently while working on a migration project we saw for few document library in list view web part the checkboxes are not appearing like below:
You may also like:
– Default breadcrumb for document library SharePoint 2013
– Design Manager Issue with Content Type SharePoint 2013 Office 365
– SharePoint Server 2016 Preview and Cloud Hybrid Search released SharePoint Server 2016 new features
You can check below things if the check box is not appearing.
– Open your document library and modify the view which is there in the list view (from ribbon you can click on Modify view), then expand “Tabular View” and see if the check box is checked or not “Allow individual item checkboxes”. If it is not checked check the checkbox “Allow individual item checkboxes”.
– The other thing you can check is that modify the view and go to the Style section and choose to display the default view like below:
– Other thing you can edit is, edit the page and then edit the list view web part in browser. In the web part properties expand Appearance tab and expand “Chrome Type” to Default if it is not there. And also in List Views select Toolbar Type as “Full Toolbar” as shown in the fig below:
This option work for us and just to let you know that this has been migrated from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 using database upgrade approach.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.