This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to show checkboxes which goes missing in the document library while migrating from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013. Recently while working on a migration project we saw for few document library in list view web part the checkboxes are not appearing like below:
You can check below things if the checkbox is not appearing.
Open your SharePoint 2013 document library and modify the view which is there in the list view (from ribbon you can click on Modify view), then expand “Tabular View” and see if the checkbox is checked or not “Allow individual item checkboxes”. If it is not checked check the checkbox “Allow individual item checkboxes”.
The other thing you can check is that modify the view and go to the Style section and choose to display the default view like below:
Another thing you can edit it, edit the page and then edit the list view web part in the browser. In the web part properties expand Appearance tab and expand “Chrome Type” to Default if it is not there. And also in List Views select Toolbar Type as “Full Toolbar” as shown in the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint migration tutorials:
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft step by step migration from SharePoint 2016 on-premise to SharePoint Online
- [Video Tutorial] Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- SharePoint Migration How Pre-Migration Analysis Prevents any Nasty Surprises
- SharePoint Online Migration: A blessing to all small and medium organizations
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
- What Leads for Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange Migration?
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration Part 2
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration Part 1
This option work for us and just to let you know that this has been migrated from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 using database upgrade approach.
Hope this will be helpful to solve SharePoint 2013 Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 issue.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)