This Microsoft flow tutorial explains, how to send a Happy Birthday email to employees using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online Office 365. We will get to know how to use Microsoft flow template Send wishes to employees by email as per the birth date in SharePoint list.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Training Course (Lifetime Access)
Microsoft Flow: Send Happy BirthDay Email to Employees
Step 1: Login to the site -> Go to site contents -> Create a New list -> Add the columns as per the below screenshot.
Step 2: In top of the ribbon, click on Create a flow . You will redirect to flow template page.
Step 4: Choose the template ” Send wishes to employees by email as per the birth date in SharePoint“.
Step 5: Next it will verify your credential to go next page. Once it gets verified, click on the continue button to redirect next page.
Step 6: Here SharePoint will automatically create your template so we need to modify it as per the requirement. Before going anywhere, We need to set the Recurrence for a reminder.
First of creating a Recurrence action that will trigger an event to run at regular time intervals. In my case I want it to run once every day.
Step 7: Next I create a Compose that returns a function value “@adddays(utcnow(), 7, ‘yyyy-MM-dd07:00:00Z’)” (remember to put the function within quotes or else it won’t work).
Now that I have today’s date + 7 I can run Get items on the approved content SP List with an OData filter, which only returns items where NextReviewDate equals to the Compose Output (utcnow() + 7) and the Representative is not equal to null.
You can add the different function like “@equals(substring(item()?[‘DOB’], 0, 10),utcnow(‘yyyy-MM-dd’))’.
Step 8: Add the condition and put the Email ID inside TO field in Send an email.
Step 9: Test the flow and check the flow returns the value true or false. If it returns true then it will trigger an email otherwise it won’t trigger, you will get an error message on Send an email action.
Step 10: Now that you have the list items, add an Apply to each step which loops all the items in the Get Items step, and then runs the Send an email step which sends an email to the representative of each item. Below is the email I received as my DOB is same as system date.
You may like following Microsoft Flow:
- Send a text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Create a Leave request approval workflow using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Share organization new employee details in Twitter using Microsoft flow
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Failed to create a connection for connection id while setting up push notification in Microsoft Flow in Office 365
- Microsoft Flow Examples: Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include a specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to use Send wishes to employees by email as per the birth date in SharePoint list Microsoft flow template. And also, we will see how to send a happy birthday email using Microsoft flow.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)