In this topic, we will see how to create a Power BI Dashboard in Microsoft teams. Before that, we will discuss:
- Install Power BI app in Microsoft teams
- Search Power BI content in Teams
- Embed Power BI report in Microsoft Teams
- Give comment in Team with Power BI report
- Interact with your content in MIcrosoft Teams
- Limitations of using Power BI Dashboard in the Microsoft teams
- Microsoft Power platform in Microsoft Teams
Install the Power BI app in Microsoft teams
To install the application, on the Team go to more add apps(…) > search Power BI > Add.
Now the Power BI is installed in Microsoft Teams. To keep the application available on the team, we have to pin this app.
After selecting the Power BI app on Teams, the Power BI icon will visible on the navigation pane. Click on the icon > Pin.
Search Power BI content in Team
We can search Power BI content in Microsoft Teams by following these steps:
In the Team search bar, type @Power BI.
It will open all the Power BI content, from here we can select the Power BI report.
Press Open. It will open the selected Power BI report on the Microsoft teams.
This is how to Search Power BI content in Microsoft Teams.
Embed Power BI report in Microsoft Teams
Here we will see how to embed Power BI report in Microsoft Teams by following these steps:
In the Microsoft teams (open any channel or chat or group), click on the + icon.
Click on Power BI.
Now, It will ask to select the Power BI Report from our workspace. Select the report, that we want to embed on the team and click on save.
Then it will visualize on the Microsoft Teams. This is how to embed Power BI Report in Microsoft Team.
Give comment in Teams with Power BI report
Now we will see how to give a comment on Power BI report in MS Teams.
Click on Power BI icon. Then it will show all the reports available on Power BI workspace. Select a report, in which we want to give comment. Then click on Open.
It will open the Power BI report. Click on the comment icon. Here we can give comments to our report.
Here only the group members are allowed to give comments in the Power BI report. This is how we can give comments on the Power BI report in Microsoft Teams.
Interact with your content in Microsoft Teams
We can interact with our Power BI report, dashboard, apps, or workspace in the same way as Power BI service.
We can even share a report to our colleagues in the Microsoft teams, From the Power BI app.
In the Microsoft teams, there is an option Learn. This helps us to learn more features about Power BI. Click on Learn option, it will open a learning center.
By which we can more interact with our Power BI report through Microsoft Teams.
Limitations of using Power BI Dashboard in the Microsoft team
There are some limitations of using Power BI Report or dashboard in the Microsoft teams. These are:
- We can not embed the Power BI dashboards in the Power BI tab for Microsoft Teams.
- The Power BI app for Microsoft Teams is available only to Commercial cloud customers.
- In national clouds, the Power BI tab is not available.
- Some options in the Power BI service aren’t available in Microsoft Teams. Such as: notifications, sending feedback, downloading apps such as Power BI Desktop and Power BI paginated report builder.
- User without a Power BI license or permission to acces the report see a “Content is not available” message.
Microsoft Power Platform in Microsoft Teams
We can integrate other Microsoft Power Platform in Microsoft Teams. Such as:
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Power Virtual agents
- Power Platform admin experience
- Power automate
You may like the following Power BI tutorials:
- How to create a table in Power bi dashboard
- Power BI Date Hierarchy
- Power bi sum group by multiple columns
- Power bi Date Difference
- Microsoft Power BI KPI Visual
From this above Power BI Tutorial, we learned about:
- How to Install the Power BI app in Microsoft teams?
- How to create a Power BI dashboard in Microsoft Teams?
- How to search Power BI content in Teams?
- How to embed Power BI report in Microsoft Teams?
- How to give comment in Team with Power BI report?
- How to interact with your content in MIcrosoft Team?
- What are the limitations of using Power BI Dashboard in the Microsoft teams?
- What are the other Microsoft Power platform in Microsoft Teams?
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.