In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to convert the SharePoint site to Microsoft teams. We will see how we can convert the SharePoint online modern site to Microsoft teams.
How to convert SharePoint site to Microsoft Teams
Let us see, how to convert the SharePoint Online team site to Microsoft Teams.
There are two ways to do this:
We can convert the SharePoint site to Microsoft Teams with Microsoft Teams application. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
Initially create a modern SharePoint site with an office Microsoft 365 group, where we can see Teams prompt on the SharePoint site home page.
- Redirect to the SharePoint Online site, where we can see the Microsoft Teams in the left corner of the SharePoint site.
- Microsoft Teams prompts to add teams to the SharePoint site. Select Add Microsoft Teams. It will take a few minutes to create a team.
- Once your team is created, we can able to view the Success message and option pop-ups to go to your team.
- By selecting the option it navigates to the Microsoft Teams application, and we can now able to use the Microsoft teams. In addition, we can preview the Teams menu available in the SharePoint Left navigation once the team is added.
Let us see the other approach to converting the SharePoint modern site to Microsoft teams.
- Open the Microsoft Teams -> Select Join or create a team option available at the bottom of the team’s application.
- Select Create a Team button. Now Choose From a group or Team option.
- Select Office Microsoft 365 group
- Select the Office Microsoft 365 group and then click on the Create button.
- Teams will be added in a short time.
This is how to convert the SharePoint site to Microsoft Teams.
Related SharePoint tutorials:
- How to change Microsoft Teams Background
- Add new meeting and live event policies in Microsoft Teams
- How to Add Modern SharePoint Site Page in Microsoft Teams
- How to join Microsoft teams meeting anonymously
- SharePoint Navigation – Add parent site navigation to a subsite in SharePoint
- SharePoint site collection administrator
- How to share a SharePoint site with external users
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned, how to convert a team site to Microsoft Teams.
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.