This SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will discuss what is a group work site template in SharePoint? How to activate the Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013?
Get SharePoint Online (Office 365 Enterprise E3) Subscription for your Business NOW
Microsoft has removed group work site template in SharePoint 2013 version.
What is Group Work Site Template in SharePoint?
This Group Work site template provides a groupware solution that teams can use to create, organize, and share information. The Group Work site template includes the Group Calendar, Circulation, Phone-Call Memo, document library, and other basic lists.
Overall this is a very useful template in SharePoint 2010.
But the bad news is Microsoft removed the Group Work Site template in SharePoint 2013.
The reason behind this is The Group Work site template was not a widely used site template. The Group Work site template was removed from SharePoint 2013 to simplify the list of templates that are available when a user creates a new site collection.
But it will support the migration, Existing sites that were created by using the Group Work site template will continue to operate in SharePoint 2013.
Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
But If you want to include that template in SharePoint 2013, then Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\1033\XML, open WEBTEMP.XML file, find an element with ‘Group Work Site’ title attribute and change its Hidden attribute from FALSE to TRUE.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 Missing Blank Site Template
- Enable blank site template SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- SharePoint 2013 Site Template ID List for PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview
- Site definition vs Site template in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Identify Site Template Id used in SharePoint 2010 site
- Save site as template option missing in SharePoint online
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Enable Save Site as Template option in Publishing Site in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- Save site as template SharePoint online missing solution
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps, how to activate the group work site template in SharePoint 2013.