In this Microsoft Power Automate tutorial, we will discuss fixing the “Unable to process template language expressions in action” error on Power Automate.
Recently, we got this error when we worked on a leave request workflow( a multilevel automated flow ). On that flow, we created 2 levels of approval: manager-level approval and another one is CEO-level approval.
Unable to process template language expressions in action Power Automate
- When a user requests leave, first, he will get a successful message for submitting the request.
- Then the request will be delivered to the manager for approval or rejection. If the manager approves or rejects that request, then the user will get an approval or rejection email, which will update the SharePoint list. If rejected, it will not go to the CEO for approval.
- Otherwise, it will go to the CEO for final approval. Then, the user gets the final approval for the leave request; the item gets updated on the SharePoint list.
- However, we faced the issue when the final level approval occurred, i.e., CEO level approval. Especially when the CEO rejects the request, an error occurs like below:
This error is not created by an issue with the action or the configuration of the action. We can easily fix these errors by following these methods:
Solution 1: Remove and add the condition action again
We have faced issues with the level-2 approval, so we deleted the condition (if condition) from the CEO level and added it again.
After this method, our flow worked well. We hope these solutions might help you resolve the Power Automate issue. If you are still facing the same issue, follow the solutions below.
Solution 2: By using a new data set
Instead of using it automatically, try to use it manually to add a new data set to the SharePoint list.
If it does not work, then follow the next method.
Solution 3: save the flow with a new name
We can save the flow again with a new name through ‘Save as’. It will save the defective flow as a new one and fix the connection if there is any broken one.
Solution 4: Close the browser and Open again
If you still face the same issue, close the browser, clear the browser’s caches, re-open the flow, and re-run it.
In our case, even after applying the above methods, we still faced issues, so I removed and added the condition action again to the flow.
This is how to fix the Power Automate error, Unable to process template language expressions in action.
- unable to process template language expressions for action ‘condition’ at line ‘0’ and column ‘0’: ‘the template language function ‘contains’ expects its first argument ‘collection’ to be a dictionary (object), an array or a string. the provided value is of type ‘null’.’.
- unable to process template language expressions in action ‘create_item’ inputs at line ‘0’ and column ‘0’: ‘the template language function ‘int’ was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. the value cannot be converted to the target type.’.
You may also like:
- Power Automate error: The property ‘__metadata’ does not exist on type ‘SP.List’
- Power Automate error: Cannot find the resource for the request addroleassignhments
- Parsing odata select and expand failed: an identifier was expected at position 0.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com