In this Microsoft Power Automate tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the Unable to process template language expressions in action on Microsoft flow or Power Automate.
Recently, we got this error when we worked on a leave request workflow( a multilevel automated flow ). On that flow, we created 2 levels of approval such as manager level approval and another one is CEO level approval.
Unable to process template language expressions in action Power Automate
- When a user requests leave, first he will get a successful message for submitting the request.
- Then the request will deliver to the manager, for approval or reject the request. If the manager approves or rejects that request then the user will get an approval or rejection email and this will update on the SharePoint list. If it is rejected then it will not go to CEO for approval.
- Otherwise, it will go to CEO for final approval. Then the user gets the final approval for the leave request and also, the item gets updated on the SharePoint list.
- But we faced the issue when the final level approval occurs i.e. CEO level approval. Especially when the CEO rejects the request, an error is coming like below:
This error is not created by an issue with the action or the configuration of the action. We can easily fix these errors by following these methods:
Read Move files from OneDrive for Business to SharePoint Online
Solution-1: Remove and add the condition action again
As we have faced issues on the level-2 approval, so we just deleted the condition (if condition) from the CEO level and again we add this.
After this method, our flow worked well. We hope these solutions might help you to resolve the issue on Microsoft flow.
If you are still facing the same issue, then you can follow the below solutions.
Solution-2: By using new data set
Instead of using automatically try to use manually to add a new data set on the SharePoint list.
If it does not work, then follow the next method.
Read Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
Solution-3: save the flow with a new name
Here we can again save the flow with a new name through ‘Save as’. It will save the defective flow as a new flow and will fix the connection if is there any broken connection.
Solution-4: Close the browser and Open again
If you have still faced the same issue, then simply close the browser, clear the caches from the browser, and re-open the flow, and re-run it.
In our case, we have still faced issues after applying the above methods. So I have removed and add the condition action again to the flow.
This is how to fix Power Automate error, Unable to process template language expressions in action.
You may like the following Power Automate tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Microsoft flow examples: Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft Flow or PowerAutomate Example: Send a customized email when a new file is added
- Microsoft Flow or PowerAutomate Example: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Convert SharePoint document to PDF using Power Automate
- Power Automate send an email with an attachment from SharePoint
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com