In this Power Automate tutorial, We will discuss how to fix the error i.e. could not find a property named on type ‘microsoft.dynamics.crm’ that came up while working with Datavesre and as well as its solution.
When I was working with Dataverse recently, I needed to use Power Automate to upload a file or an image into a Dataverse row.
For this, I have used a Dataverse List Rows action to filter the rows, and the below error occurred “Could not find a property named ‘crf9a_Sender’ on type ‘Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.crf9a_itissueresolutions’“.
Refer to the screenshot below for how the error displays in the flow:
We’ll now go into more depth about this issue and how to fix it.
Could not find a property named on type ‘microsoft.dynamics.crm
- I have a Dataverse table named IT Issue Resolutions. In this table, I have various columns like Issues, Report Date, Attachments, etc with different data types. Along with them, there is a Dataverse Primary column named Sender.
- Also, this Dataverse table has some records as shown in the screenshot below:
- Now, I would like to upload a file or an image into a specific Dataverse row using Power Automate.
- In order to do this, I filtered the rows using a Dataverse List rows action, and if the value matches, then the particular file or image will uploaded in that particular dataverse row.
- In the Dataverse List rows action, there is a field called Filter rows. I filtered the Sender name, i.e.
- This means if the sender’s name contains any value from the When a new email arrives (V3) (From), then the flow will proceed and execute.
- While I used the above code in the Filter rows field, I got an error like “Could not find a property named ‘crf9a_Sender’ on type ‘Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.crf9a_itissueresolutions’“.
NOTE:Even if you will try the code like contains(Sender, ‘From’), then also you will get the same error like “Could not find a property named ‘Sender’ on type ‘Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.crf9a_itissueresolutions’“.
- The error clearly states that the fields like it cannot recognize the property or column name i.e. ‘crf9a_Sender’ from the Dataverse table (IT Issue Resolutions).
Now, we’ll look at how to resolve the abovementioned Power Automate problem in the part that follows.
could not find a property named on type ‘microsoft.dynamics.crm – Solution
When I ran across this Power Automate issue, I did some research online and browsed a number of websites. Here, I integrated it into the code which eventually resolved my problem and carried on as necessary. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Dataverse table (IT Issue Resolutions) -> Expand Sender column -> Click on Edit column -> Expand Advanced options -> Copy the Logical name i.e. crf9a_sender as shown in the image below.
- Now go back to the existing flow, expand the List rows action, and paste that Sender logical name (crf9a_sender) inside the contains function that looks like below:
Refer to the image below.
- Once the flow is ready, just save and test the flow. Now you can see the flow will execute without giving any error.
This is how we can resolve the Power Automate issue i.e. “could not find a property named on type ‘microsoft.dynamics.crm’” while working with Dataverse table.
In this Power Automate tutorial, We discussed an error i.e. could not find a property named on type ‘microsoft.dynamics.crm’ while working with Datavesre and its solution.
You may also like:
- Unable to process template language expressions in action Power Automate
- Parsing odata select and expand failed: an identifier was expected at position 0.
- failed to create connection for connection id in Power Automate
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Our audiences are from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a Microsoft SharePoint MVP (9 times). I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.