In this Microsoft flow tutorial, we will discuss how to fix error parsing select and expand failed which comes while using get manager (v2) flow action to get manager email in Microsoft Flow.
The full error comes as Action ‘Get_manager_(V2)‘ failed. Error details: Parsing Select and Expand failed.
Flow parsing select and expand failed get manager (v2)
Recently, for one of my requirement I was using Get Manager (V2) flow action to get manager email of the user.
But I got the above error.
I was using the flow action like below:
Get manager (V2) takes one parameter as User (UPN) which will take the User principal name or email id.
Also, it optionally asks you to Select fields where you can provide the parameters which you want to retrieve.
Here, I have added Email/Mail (tried both), which was causing the issue.
To fix the issue, I removed the parameter from Select fields.
Actually, if you will not add anything in the Select fields, it will get all the parameters of the user’s manager. Properties like Mail, City, Country, Company name, Department, Display Name, Given Name, Hire Date, Job Title, Mobile Phone, Nickname etc.
Now, the flow looks like below:
After this, I am able to get the manager name of the user in Microsoft Flow.
You may like following Microsoft flow tutorials:
- How to get SharePoint list items using Rest API in Microsoft Power Automate
- Send a Happy Birthday email to employees using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Send text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Create a Leave request approval workflow using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Share organization new employee details in Twitter using Microsoft flow
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Get daily weather reports delivered to your email and phone using Power Automate
- Microsoft Flow or PowerAutomate Example: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft flow examples: Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business
I hope this tutorial helps you to learn how to fix error, flow parsing select and expand failed get manager V2.
After working for more than 15 years in Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Office 365, and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI), I thought will share my SharePoint expertise knowledge with the world. Out audiences are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. For my expertise knowledge and SharePoint tutorials, Microsoft has been awarded a SharePoint MVP(8 times), check out My MVP Profile. I have also worked in companies like HP, TCS, KPIT, etc.