Here we will discuss how to resolve the issue “The remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied. Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges” which comes when trying to connect to remote server.
The issue may come in Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows 8 also. The remote session was disconnected error can also come in windows server 2012 or windows server 2012 r2 machines.
The error appears like below:
The solution for the remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied
We can resolve the remote session was disconnected error by modifying in the Registry by following below steps.
Then we need to configure permissions for MSLicensing registry key. To do so navigate to the below path and select MSLicensing:
Right-click on the Selected key and Click on the Permission option of MSLicensing key
Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges
Then click on Add and in the Select Users or Groups dialog box click Locations. Then Select users and Administrator also “All Application Packages” and assign Full Control permission for all of above users and click APPLY and ok.
the remote session was disconnected because of an error in the licensing protocol
You may like the following windows server tutorials:
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- How to check server health status check using PowerShell in SharePoint
- dcom was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols
- Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition sql server event id 2004
- SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception
- Cannot connect to the configuration database error in SharePoint
- Service Control Manager System Event Error 7011 A timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached
Then try to log in using mstsc (Remote Desktop Connection) it will log in to the server easily. The error “The remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied. Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges” will not appear. Hope this will be helpful.