Here we will discuss how to resolve the issue “The remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied. Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges” which comes when trying to connect to remote server.
The issue may come in Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows 8 also. The remote session was disconnected error can also come in windows server 2012 or windows server 2012 r2 machines.
The error appears like below:
The solution for the remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied
We can resolve the remote session was disconnected error by modifying in the Registry by following below steps.
Open Registry Editor (Press Ctrl + R (run) prompt, and enter Regedit.
Then we need to configure permissions for MSLicensing registry key. To do so navigate to the below path and select MSLicensing:
Right click on Selected key and Click on Permission option of MSLicensing key
Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges
Then click on Add and in the Select Users or Groups dialog box click Locations. Then Select users and Administrator also “All Application Packages” and assign Full Control permission for all of above users and click APPLY and ok.
the remote session was disconnected because of an error in the licensing protocol
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- [Solved] This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- [Solved] Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- Configure DNS in Windows Server 2012 step by step tutorial
- Solved How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- Solved How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- [Solved] Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
Then try to log in using mstsc (Remote Desktop Connection) it will log in to the server easily. The error “The remote session was disconnected because license store creation failed with access denied. Please run remote desktop client with elevated privileges” will not appear. Hope this will be helpful.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)