This tutorial will show, how to view PDF files using PDF Viewer in PowerApps. In a canvas app, we will see how to use the PowerApps PDF viewer.
Before using the pdf viewer control, note the below points:
- Power Apps supports https link for the PDF document, it will not work for http links. So make sure your pdf files stored in an https URL.
- You need to provide the direct PDF link, redirects, and HTML views of the PDF files that will not work.
- The pdf file hosted server should not require authentication etc.
View PDF files using PDF Viewer in PowerApps
There will be scenarios where you want to view PDF files in your apps, Microsoft provides PDF viewer control which you can use inside your Power Apps App.
Step 1: Login to the Power Apps using https://make.powerapps.com/
Step 2: Next click on the Canvas app from blank and create a new app.
Here provides the App name and choose the format like Tablet or Phone, I have selected here Tablet layout.
Step 3: Next search PDF viewer and add it in your form.
Step 4: Next provide the PDF document URL in above as per the below screenshot.
Step 5: Next click on F5 (Preview) or run the apps to see the Output of the PDF viewer.
You may also like following Power Platform tutorials:
- PowerApps form benefits for SharePoint
- Share blog posts on Twitter and LinkedIn using Power Automate or MS Flow
- Send myself a reminder in 10 minutes in Power Automate
- Send a reply when a new email arrives on Gmail using Power Automate
- Log Gmail emails to a Google Sheet using Power Automate
- Add my latest Twitter post to Yammer using Power Automate or Microsoft Flow
- How to Play Microsoft stream Videos in Power Apps
In this tutorial, we learned how to view PDF files using PowerApps PDF viewer.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).