Visual Studio 2019 Download and Installation
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Visual Studio 2019 is the latest version of the visual studio released by Microsoft. Here we will see how to download, install, and update visual studio 2019 in Windows 10.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Visual Studio 2019
By using visual studio 2019, you can code faster, work smarter and this is the best IDE (integrated development environment) till now will a lot of new features.
Visual studio 2019 provides options to do start from the end. You can develop, analyze, debug, test, collaborate, and deploy.
You can develop with the entire toolset from initial design to final deployment. It has improved IntelliSense performance for C++ files, Local development with many common emulators, etc.
You can manage with GitHub from visual studio 2019.
Download Visual Studio 2019
Visual studio 2019 comes for windows and macOS.
Visual studio 2019 comes with 3 editions:
- Visual Studio 2019 Community (Visual Studio Community 2019): Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition is free for students, open-source, and individual developers. You will get a fully-featured IDE.
- Visual Studio 2019 Professional (Visual Studio Professional 2019): Visual Studio professional 2019 edition is for small teams. Here also you will a full-featured IDE.
- Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise (Visual Studio Enterprise 2019): Visual studio 2019 enterprise is for large organizations or enterprises. Organizations having more than $1 Million US Dollars in annual revenue or having more than 250 PCs considered as enterprises.
Visual Studio 2019 System Requirements
Below is the system requirements for visual studio 2019.
- Windows 10 version 1703 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported)
- Windows Server 2019: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Core, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Quad-core or better recommended
- 2 GB of RAM; 8 GB of RAM recommended (2.5 GB minimum if running on a virtual machine)
- Hard disk space: Minimum of 800MB up to 210 GB of available space
Install Visual Studio 2019
From visual studio 2017, Microsoft provides visual studio installer to install visual studio 2019/2017.
And you can select what are the components you want to install.
After .exe file download is complete we can double click and run the application and ask to continue by agreeing to the licenses by Microsoft.
By clicking on continue visual studio installer runs by fetching all the files and preparing to install.
After files being download, it starts unpacking and installing.
Here you can select what are the components you wan to install. You can just select the components from the list.
After setting out all the required tools components and language it starts downloading the files and starts installations. Click on Install.
Once the installation over, it will ask to reboot.
Reboot and then you can use visual studio 2019.
Update Visual Studio 2019
By using the same visual studio installer, we can update visual studio 2019.
Search for a visual studio installer in your local system. You can see like below:
If the visual studio installer is not updated, then it will first update the visual studio installer.
Once the installer updated successfully, it will show you the updates available for visual studio 2019.
If you will see below, my visual studio version was 16.4.3 and it is showing the update available as 16.5.4.
Once you click on Update, it will download and install the required files.
Then you can see, the visual studio 2019 updated successfully and you can see visual studio 2019 updated successfully.
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac
Microsoft also released visual studio 2019 for Mac. You can use visual studio 2019 in Mac which you can use to develop apps and games for iOS, Android, and web using .NET.
It also supports advanced IntelliSense.
In this tutorial we learned below things:
- Visual Studio 2019
- Download Visual Studio 2019
- Visual Studio 2019 System Requirements
- Install Visual Studio 2019
- Update Visual Studio 2019
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.