Publish to Web Power BI Error: Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation [Solved]
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation Power BI – Video
I have created a video on how to fix error Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation which Power BI and uploaded to EnjoySharePoint YouTube Channel.
I recently encountered the issue when I was using the Power Platform Power BI tool. Where my intention was to publish my report to the web. And FYI, I was using Power BI Services which is an online service provided by Microsoft(whoever is new to this term, https://app.powerbi.com/).
It was a very strange error for me as I was the admin, the error was saying “Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation”. In this blog post, I am going to talk on the same error as to why you see this error message, what is the reason behind it and how to get it resolved.
Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation
Follow the below steps to fix the error Contact Your Admin to Enable Embed Code Creation which comes while trying to publish Power BI report using Publish to web option.
First, go to the Power BI admin portal using the tenant administrator account by clicking the setting from the ribbon.
Then go to Tenant Settings as showing below. Here only one thing to remember is that only the tenant administrators can see this option. So if you are not an admin then please contact him directly.
After selecting Tenant Setting, you will see a lot of options where you need to open Publish to web options. By default, the embed code is set to “Only allow existing codes”, so If you want this feature to become enabled for new reports, then you must choose the “Allow existing and new codes option”. Then choose who you want to get this applied to.
This is the last option where depends on how you want to authorize this option, you have here two options to either authorize it to the entire organization (use it carefully), or specific security group, or to everyone except specific security groups.
Once you apply the change, those authorized users should be able to use the Publish to Web feature simply and easily.
You may like the following tutorials:
- Create Power BI Dashboard step by step tutorial
- Integrate Power BI Reports in SharePoint Online
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
- How to open Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) documents in Iframe
- Show SharePoint List Data using jQuery Datatable
- SharePoint custom application remote debugging in Visual Studio
- Query list from another SharePoint Online subsite using Rest API and Nintex workflows
- Customize Header, Footer, and Navigation in SharePoint Online Communication Site
- SharePoint Online modern list column formatting using JSON
- How to combine multiple files from SharePoint folder in Power BI
- Power BI: How to Connect Most Recent File from a Folder
- How to Connect to a Specific file from SharePoint to Power BI
This is how we can fix error contact your admin to enable embed code creation which comes in power bi.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.