This Microsoft Flow tutorial explained how to send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365. Whenever a user added an item to the SharePoint list, Microsoft Flow will send a customized email to the user who created the item.
I have a SharePoint Online site, where I have a list name as “MyFlowTestList“. In this list, we are going to add a Microsoft Flow to it.
If you are new to Microsoft Flow, read How to Start with Microsoft Flow Step by Step Tutorial with Examples.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Video Training Course (Lifetime Access)
Here we will see how we can create a flow from a SharePoint Online list in Office 365. Here you have to make sure, you are using the modern list or libraries. If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience, check out below tutorials:
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- How to move from classic to modern experience in SharePoint online list or document library?
Open the SharePoint Online modern site and then open the particular list. Then click on Flow -> Create a flow.
Then it will display the available flow templates from where we can choose and use.
From the list of Microsoft flow templates, choose to Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added like below:
Then it will show you the below page, where click on Use this template button.
Then sign in to give necessary permissions like below and then click on Continue like below:
Then Microsoft flow will look like below:
Here we will modify the Send email action. By default it looks like below:
I have modified something in the Send Email action and it looks like below. You can always modify according to your requirement. You can click on Add Dynamic Content to display additional things.
Then click on Create Flow button like below to create the flow.
Click on Done which will show the successful message that the flow is running.
Now go back to the SharePoint Online list and add one item to the list by clicking on the + New button.
Then you will receive an email like below:
You may like following Microsoft Flow tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include a specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Failed to create a connection for connection id while setting up push notification in Microsoft Flow in Office 365
- Microsoft Flow Error Handling
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
I hope this Microsoft flow tutorial explains how to use Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added Microsoft Flow template. When a user added an item to the SharePoint Online list, the user will receive a customized email.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.