In this flow tutorial, we will discuss how to convert HTML to PDF using Microsoft flow or Power Automate. We will see an example of how to convert SharePoint list item to pdf using flow or Power automate.
We will create a list in SharePoint Online and add some items to the SharePoint list, then we will bind it in HTML format that will convert to PDF files.
The advantage of using Power Automate in SharePoint is that we can easily integrate it with other applications using various connectors without writing any code. In Microsoft flow or Power Automate, there are almost 300 data sources (and publicly available APU) provided by Microsoft.
If you are new to flow, check out an article on What is Microsoft Flow or Power Automate.
Convert SharePoint list item to pdf using Microsoft Flow
Now, we will see step by step how to convert SharePoint list item to PDF using flow or Power Automate.
The final output: When a user creates an item a SharePoint list, S/He will receive an email that contains the PDF version of the list item.
Here we will manage the document management flow using Encodian API.
To utilize the ‘Encodian Document Manager for Flow’ connector you will require an ‘API Key‘, if you have an existing Encodian subscription but do not know your API Key please email [email protected].
If you do not yet have an Encodian subscription please create a trial subscription by completing the trial request form on our website found here.
Convert SharePoint List item from HTML to PDF file using Encodian
Step 1: Go to your SharePoint Online Site and create a list with below columns
- Employee Name
- Company Name
- Mobile No.
Step 2: Once the list got created, click on the Power Automate in the top and create a new flow “Send a Customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added”.
Step 3: Now I will add one more step after Get my profile (V2).
Step 4: Here just search Encodian and select Convert HTML to PDF. So in this step your list item will convert to PDF format.
Step 5: Now you have to provide the Encodian Connection Name and API Key. In Connection Name, you can provide anything but in API Key, you have to provide the same key which you will get when doing registration in Encodian website.
Step 6: Once you click on create, you will get the below page where you have provide the below details.
- PDF FileName: You have to provide the file name and extension should be in .pdf format.
- File content: Optional Field
- HTML Data: This is important where you can use HTML code and bind your list item data along with you can apply the custom CSS file and image file.
Step 7: Next expand the send email and update the two fields in Attachment Name-1 and attachment content.
Step 8: Next go to your SharePoint Online list and create a item and see you will receive an email with attachment .
Step 9: When I open the PDF file, I am able to see my list item here in PDF format.
You may like the following Power Automate tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow or PowerAutomate: Trigger email based on user input
- Get a push notification when a new file is added to OneDrive for Business
- Save Twitter Tweets in SharePoint Online list using Microsoft Flow
- Get daily weather reports delivered to your email and phone using Power Automate
- Send myself a reminder in 10 minutes in Power Automate
- Microsoft flow parsing select and expand failed get manager v2
- Log Gmail emails to a Google Sheet using Power Automate
- Save tweets to a Google Sheet using Power Automate (Flow)
- Convert Email to PDF using Microsoft flow or Power Automate
- SharePoint custom list example
Please leave your feedback. I hope this article has been helpful for you so bookmark this blog as new articles will be posted regularly. Here, we learned how to convert a SharePoint list item to pdf using microsoft flow.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).