In this article we will discuss about how to redirect to a different URL from a SharePoint 2010 site.
This we will be achieved by using a content editor web part.
Before moving forward follow below steps to upload the script to a document library.
- Open a notepad and paste the below code and save it.
seconds!!!");//]]></script><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10;url=http://www.enjoysharepoint.com">
- In the next step upload the text file to a document library and copy the path of the file.
- I have uploaded this to the Shared Documents document library and the path is given below for me.
Now time has come to add a content editor web part to the home page. follow below steps:
- Next edit the page and click on Add web part. From the Ribbon click on Insert -> Add webpart.
- From the list of web parts, Select Media and Content category and Select Content Editor and click on Add as shown in the figure below.
- After that edit the web part and give the link of the notepad file that we saved above in the
Content Link of the webpart properties window. Then click on OK as shown in the figure below.
- Now Save and close the page. Then it will redirect to the specified URL.