In this ULS Logs SharePoint tutorial explains how to use SharePoint Log Viewer to view ULS logs in SharePoint 2010/2013. SharePoint Log Viewer is very efficient and has a lot of options like view real-time logs, export logs, show logs from multiple files, filter based on various filter columns.
SharePoint Log Viewer supports Moss 2007, SharePoint 2010 as well as SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
To use SharePoint Log Viewer to view logs from SharePoint, first, download SharePoint LogViewer from GitHub.
Then double click on the setup file to run SharePoint Log Viewer.
To see the existing log click on the Open Files button like below: Then you can browse the log file and see the log details.
SharePoint Log file locations: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS
To view real-time logs, click on the “Start Live Monitoring” button as shown in the fig below:
We can also export logs by click on the “Export Log Entries” button as shown in the fig below:
Once you load any log file you will be able to filter logs based on various criteria like Correlation id, area, categoryid, eventid etc. It will be like below:
By default, it will display all the columns in the UI. If you want to show only a few selected columns then you can click on the Setting icon and then in the Settings dialog box you can check and uncheck columns as shown in the fig below:
If you want to send any notification to specific id then you can configure in the tool from the Settings icon. Click on the Settings icon -> Notifications -> then check the checkbox “Enable Email Notifications“.
Then it will enable the fields to enter Sender Email Address, Recipients Email Address, and Smtp Server.
You like following uls logs SharePoint tutorials:
- Get Error Details based on Correlation ID from ULS Logs in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- PowerShell Command to collect ULS logs for specific CorrelationID
- Write to ULS log using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013
- How to Change ULS Log Location in SharePoint 2013/2016?
- Different ways to check logs in SharePoint
- How to shrink transaction log files in SharePoint 2013?
- Merge-SPLogFile Correlation ID Cmdlet did not return any records in the log file. Check your time range or filters
- Merge-SPLogFile in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2016 Change Default Log File Location
- Various SharePoint developer tools
Here we have discussed how to use SharePoint Log Viewer to view logs in SharePoint 2007/2010/2013. How we can download and install or run SharePoint log viewer in SharePoint.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online