Recently when I am trying to download SharePoint 2016 server IT preview in IE browser, it gives me an error like: Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. It looks like below:
Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded
To Solve this issue, Click on the Settings icon, then click on Internet Options.
In the Internet Options dialog box, click on Security tab, then select Internet zone and then click on Custom level…
Then in the Security Settings – Internet Zone, select the Enable radio button under the Downloads section as shown in the fig below:
Then try to download it should download properly.
You may like the following tutorials:
- Browsers Supported in SharePoint online SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint online page viewer web part
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library
- The current page has been customized from its template. Revert to template SharePoint
- Current site is not a tenant administration site error in SharePoint Online PowerShell
Hope this tutorial will help to resolve Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded error in IE 11 in SharePoint.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com