In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve the error “Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” which comes in SharePoint 2010.
“Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” when you try to “Open with Explorer” on a SharePoint document library
– Tried to open in Windows XP. Works fine.
– Tried to open in Windows Server 2003, gives an error message.
– Tried to open in Windows Server 2008, gives above error message.
– Removed the ‘s’ from the http protocol.
– Supplied the correct username and password.
– Started the ‘WebClient’ service and installed desktop support experience as a features in Windows server 2008. Still, doesn’t work.
Add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site
To configure Web browser, open “Internet Options” menu, navigate to the “Security Tab”, and add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site.
Steps Featuring article:
Read some SharePoint tutorials below:
- SharePoint Workflow Interview Questions and Answers
- SharePoint performance is down, factors to be considered.
- SharePoint 2013 PowerShell Commands
– Windows Server 2008
– SharePoint Server 2010.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: