In this post we will discuss how to resolve the error “Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” which comes in SharePoint 2010.
Also you can check out my previous posts on:
– List tools tab missing SharePoint 2010
– Hide the quick launch bar in SharePoint 2010
– Attachments does not open when attached with a discussion boards in SharePoint
“Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” when you try to “Open with Explorer” on a SharePoint document library
– Tried to open in Windows XP. Works fine.
– Tried to open in Windows Server 2003, gives error messsage.
– Tried to open in Windows Server 2008, gives above error message.
– Removed the ‘s’ from the http protocol.
– Supplied the correct user name and password.
– Started the ‘webclient’ service and installed desktop support expirence as a features in Windows server 2008. Still does’t work.
Add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site
To configure Web browser, open “Internet Options” menu, navigate to the “Security Tab”, and add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site.
Steps Featuring artcile:
– Windows Server 2008
– SharePoint Server 2010.