In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve the error “Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” which comes in SharePoint 2010.
Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer in SharePoint 2010
“Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” when you try to “Open with Explorer” on a SharePoint document library.
- Tried to open in Windows XP. Works fine.
- Tried to open in Windows Server 2003, gives an error message.
- Tried to open in Windows Server 2008, gives above error message.
- Removed the ‘s’ from the http protocol.
- Supplied the correct username and password.
- Started the ‘WebClient’ service and installed desktop support experience as a feature in Windows Server 2008. Still, doesn’t work.
Add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site
To configure Web browser, open the “Internet Options” menu, navigate to the “Security Tab”, and add https://*.sharepoint.com to Local intranet site.
Steps Featuring article:
Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer error in SharePoint
The full error messages come as: Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer.
The explorer view uses the WebDav protocol to connect to SharePoint from the client. As Windows Server is not designed to be a client, the WebDav client is not installed or enabled by default.
In order to enable the WebDav client on a server, we need to enable the Desktop Experience feature.
To install Desktop Experience using Server Manager:
Click Start, point to Administrative Tools and click Server Manager.
In the Features Summary section, click Add features, then Select the Desktop Experience checkbox, and then click Next. And then click on Install.
Now try to open the list using explorer view. The error “your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer” should not come.
- Windows Server 2008
- SharePoint Server 2010.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer error in SharePoint 2010
- We’re having a problem opening this location in file explorer. Add this web site to your Trusted Sites list and try again SharePoint 2016
- Steps to Change SharePoint 2013/2016 List or Document Library using PowerShell or SharePoint Designer 2013 or using Open with Explorer Option
- SharePoint 2013 Disable Windows Authentication prompt
- Customize access denied page in SharePoint 2013
- Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded while downloading SharePoint server 2016 in IE
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Upload Excel Data to SharePoint using Import Spreadsheet option in SharePoint 2013
- An unknown error has occurred. The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in InfoPath Filler
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer error in SharePoint.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.