This SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss how to embed Yammer feed in SharePoint Online Office 365. And, how to work with Auto login and default Group configuration.
Your organization has Yammer Group and wants to display the yammer feed on the SharePoint page. Yes, we can do it with a few simple steps. I will further highlight few important features as well.
So let’s get started.
So we can see the top left corner icon to view all apps. On click of this icon will further display the yammer icon which is highlighted in the below screenshot.
Further Yammer will redirect you to Yammer page where you can see all the groups and discussions.
You can also join to Yammer group whichever is relevant and we will further discuss how to configure the default group to be displayed on your SharePoint page.
Navigate to your yammer page and join the required group which will further redirect you to the group page.
There will be an “Access Points” section which will have further “Embed this feed in your site” link.
Click on Embed this feed in your site link which will further generate the script. Copy the content and navigate to the SharePoint page where you want to insert the yammer feed.
You can add the scripts in the following ways.
- Create a js file named as Yammer.js and place the js script content. Upload the .js file to style library/ site assets folder.
- Add a content editor webpart to the SharePoint page and provide the file path reference in Content Link properties.
- Add a script editor webpart to the SharePoint page and place the scripts which will further display the webpart on the web part page.
Now let’s talk about two important features in Yammer.
Display Yammer default group in the feed:
Define the feedtype property as “group”.
In Yammer group page URL, you can find the group id. Copy the group id and define it in “feedid” property.
Auto-login to Yammer embed webpart:
Sometime we might have a requirement to Auto-login to the yammer webpart and this can be configured with just one property.
Set “use_sso” property value as true which will auto-login to the Yammer feed.
You may like following Yammer SharePoint tutorials:
- Embed Yammer group feed in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to integrate Yammer with sharepoint 2013 online and SharePoint 2013 on-premises?
- Nintex Yammer create group workflow action for Office 365 SharePoint online
Here, we learned how to embed Yammer feed in SharePoint Online Office 365 site.
I have 9 years of exprience into SharePoint implementation, architecture, Administrator, development and Training.Designing Information Architecture in SharePoint 2007, 2010,2013 and Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.