You organization has Yammer Group and want to display the yammer feed in SharePoint page. Yes we can do it with few simple steps. I will further highlight few important features as well.
So let’s get started.
So we can see the top left corner icon to view all apps . On click of this icon will further display yammer icon which is highlighted in below screenshot.
Further Yammer will redirect you to Yammer page where you can see all the groups and discussions.
You can also join to Yammer group whichever is relevant and we will further discuss how to configure default group to be displayed in in your SharePoint page.
Navigate to your yammer page and join the required group which will further redirect you the group page.
There will be “Access Points” section which will have further “Embed this feed in your site” link.
Click on Embed this feed in your site link which will further generate the script. Copy the content and navigate to SharePoint page where you want to insert the yammer feed.
You can add the scripts in following ways.
Create a js file named as Yammer.js and place the js script content. Upload the .js file to style library/ site assets folder.
Add a content editor webpart to SharePoint page and provide the file path reference in Content Link properties.
Add a script editor webpart to SharePoint page and place the scripts which will further display the webpart in page.
Now let’s talk about two important features.
Display Yammer default group in the feed:
– Define the feedtype property as “group”.
– In Yammer group page URL, you can find the group id. Copy the group id and define in “feedid” property.
Auto-login to Yammer embed webpart:
– Sometime we might have requirement to Auto-login to the yammer webpart and this can be configured with just one property.
– Set “use_sso” property value as true which will auto-login to the yammer feed.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Enable Save as Template option Publishing Site SharePoint Online
- Disable list or libraries to appear in search result SharePoint Online Office 365
- Get List Item by ID using JSOM in SharePoint Online
- Team site and publishing site in SharePoint 2013/2016
I hope this post will be helpful!!! Thanks.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)