This SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorial we will discuss how to solve error: The SharePoint site as site URL is missing a target, task, or history list. Each of these lists is required to associate a workflow template. Please create a list and then launch this wizard. The error comes in SharePoint 2010 workflow in SharePoint 2010.
When we creating a Workflow through Visual Studio 2010. Now when we entered the site URL we receive the following error: See in fig
“The SharePoint Site at URL is missing a target, task, or history list. Each of these lists is required to associate a workflow template. Please create a list and then launch this wizard.”
So here the main solution is that when we create the workflow first we need to create the Workflow Tasks and Workflow, History List. By default Team site Template inbuilt both lists. But when we use the blank site template for creating the Site we need to create both lists. For creating both lists we have the following option:
- Create both lists from SharePoint OOB features.
- Create both lists programmatically. [Create workflow history list using .Net managed object model code in SharePoint online] or [SharePoint create workflow history list programmatically using client-side object model code (csom)]
- Create both lists using PowerShell [SharePoint Online Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013].
You may like following SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorials:
- Create Workflow Activity using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Create approval workflow SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint designer
- Workflow Task and History List are not found an error in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010
- Use list column for Globally reusable workflow for list action in SharePoint 2010
- How to create an HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
- Export SharePoint designer List workflow from one site to another site
- How to attach workflows to content types in SharePoint 2010?
- How to open directly workflow task list edit form in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online task list?
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activity
- SharePoint 2013 designer workflow Add edit task form URL inside an email
Hope this SharePoint 2010 workflow tutorial helps to solve, The SharePoint site as site URL is missing a target, task, or history list. Each of these lists is required to associate a workflow template. Please create a list and then launch this wizard.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.