In this SharePoint 2013 workflow tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve Workflow suspended error in SharePoint 2013. I have a requirement is to send email to multiple groups while an item is created in list/library in SharePoint 2013. Here I was using a SharePoint designer workflow. But I face Workflow Suspended issue.
The problem was coming because within multiple groups it was adding comma (,) but it should add a semicolon (;).
Then I modify like below:
2. In the workflow editor add action as “Replace Substring in string”.
3. Set up the workflow as below fig.
4. Then save and publish.
5. Now to the group settings in your SharePoint server -> Site permission -> click on group -> expand Settings -> group settings.
6. Then change the settings as below fig and click on.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 designer workflow changes not updating
- How to cancel all workflows having Suspended state in SharePoint 2013?
- How to find Workflow History in SharePoint 2013?
- SharePoint designer workflow: Set Text field or People Picker field to empty or blank
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
I hope this article will be helpful to solve Workflow Internal Status Suspended error in SharePoint 2013 in the SharePoint designer 2013 workflow.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.