This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to enable workflow permission in the site app permission in sharepoint online. sharepoint online workflows can use app permissions.
In SharePoint Online, I have deployed a SharePoint designer workflow and I want to publish the app to all the users. When I try to set the permissions for the workflow app, I am not able to see the “workflow” app is missing in the Site App Permissions page in SharePoint Online.
Workflow app permissions SharePoint Online
Log on to the SharePoint Online admin portal and validate all the apps and permissions.
- As mentioned in screenshot copy the ID of the app to fetch it desired site collection.
- Once you copy the app ID open the site collection where you want to add the workflow app.
- As shown in the below screenshot enter the app-id and click on the lookup button.
Paste the below app permissions XML in App’s Permission Request XML:
<AppPermissionRequests><AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection/web" Right="ullControl" /></AppPermissionRequests>
Note: Ensure that there are no additional spaces and enter this to avoid any further issues.
Click on the Create button to add permissions to the workflow app to the desired site collection.
For more about app permissions and permission types: Add-in Permissions in SharePoint Online.
Click the “Create” button. You will then be asked for consent. Verify that you are asked for consent to give workflow full control of the site. If you do not see full control consent request it probably means that there was an error in the permissions request XML.
Once you click on “Trust” it will show the “workflow” app in the list like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorial:
- How to add edit task form URL inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- How to hide approve reject workflow approval button from ribbon in SharePoint online using CSS?
- Difference between workflows and event receivers in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint designer workflows: Create your First Workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
This way we can solve workflow missing in the site app permission in SharePoint Online.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019