This SharePoint 2016 tutorial explains how to solve Windows Update service must be in running state error which comes in Windows Server 2012 R2. The error “windows update service must be in running state server 2012” comes while installing AppFabric in Windows Server 2012 R2.
After installing SharePoint 2016 on my Windows server 2012 R2 OS laptop, I was trying to install and configure workflow manager for SharePoint 2016. But it gave the below error.
The following configuration issues were detected. Please resolve them before continuing. Windows Update service must be in running state.
The error was coming in windows server 2012 r2 machine. Previously when I tried to install Workflow manager in Windows Server 2012 machine for SharePoint 2013 and it worked fine.
As the name suggests, I have stopped the windows update in the Laptop. So when I tried to install it gave the error as windows update service must be in running state in server 2012 R2. Apart from changes in the GUI, we can change in the services.msc also.
Go to start -> run then type services.msc which will display all the services which are running in Windows. The in the Services page, search for “Windows Update” and then start the services as shown in the fig below:
Once you click on Start, Windows Update service should be in Running state like below:
You may like following Windows Server 2012 R2 tutorials below:
- Windows Server AppFabric: download error
- [Solved] windows server AppFabric download error SharePoint 2016/2013
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
- FIXED SharePoint 2013 Setup Error AppFabric is not correctly configured
- Event Error Distributed Cache AppFabric Cache
- Distributed or AppFabric cache in SharePoint 2013
- The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob id threw an exception
Hope this will be helpful to resolve error windows update service must be in running state / appfabric 1.1 windows update service must be in running state or windows update service must be in running state server 2012 which comes in SharePoint 2016 in Windows server 2012 R2.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: