This windows server 2016 tutorial, we will discuss step by step by an installation of Windows server 2016 on Hyper V manager. Before starting the installation you can check the installation requirements of windows server 2016.
Software and Hardware requirement to install Window server 2016:
Now, we can check what are the software and hardware requirements to install windows server 2016.
System Requirements and Installation
The following are estimated system requirements for the Windows Server 2016. If your computer has less than the “minimum” requirements, you will not be able to install this product correctly.
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- Compatible with x64 instruction set
- Supports NX and DEP
- Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW
- Supports Second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT)
RAM: The following are the estimated RAM requirements for this product:
- 512 MB
- ECC (Error Correcting Code) type or similar technology
- Storage controller and disk space requirements
The following are the estimated minimum disk space requirements for the system partition.
Minimum: 32 GB
You may also like following windows server 2016 tutorials:
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- Active directory domain services in windows server 2016
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- What are the new features in Windows Server 2016?
Windows Server 2016 installation step by step
Then follow the installation steps of windows server 2016 installation step by step.
Open Virtual manager and click on new and select Virtual machine
New Virtual machine wizard will open, click on Next.
Assign name and location where you want to save this. Browse and select the path and click OK.
On this page, it will ask about Assign memory. Here enter your amount of memory and click on Next.
On the configure networking page, select your connection if you have created or create and assign.
On connect virtual disk page, create a new disk and assign size then click Next.
Here we will select the Download Windows server 2016 ISO file, by selecting image file (.iso) and browse then Next.
Once click on Next, the summary wizard screen will come, Verify all and click on Finish.
Now we will go back to Hyper-V manager and we will select the virtual machine and we will start this machine, click on Start from the right side.
Once you will start the machine status will get change from OFF to start.
Double-click on the machine or click on the connect button to start the installation of server 2016. When the Windows Setup page appears, select your language, time format, and keyboard then click on the Next button.
Now click Install now button to start the installation.
Now on the windows setup, enter your key or click on highlighted, it will take you to the Next page.
Here select as given below or select which you want.
Note: Desktop Experience can be installed using the Initial Configuration Tasks Wizard or Server Manager. Installing Desktop Experience does not automatically turn on any of the features it installs, and any features that require configuration changes must be manually enabled.
Desktop Experience includes:
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Defender
- Desktop themes (Windows 2008 only)
- Snipping Tool
- Windows SideShow
- Sync Center
- Character Map
- Sound Recorder
- Disk Cleanup
- Video for Windows (AVI support)
- Support for desktop apps (Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 only)
- Windows Store (Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 only)
- PC settings (Windows Server 2012 R2 only)
- Integrated search (Windows Server 2012 R2 only)
- The ability to play a slideshow on the lock screen (Windows Server 2012 R2 only)
Put a checkmark in the box next to the I accept license terms and click on the Next button.
As we are installing the first time select the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option for windows installation or you can select the first option if you want to upgrade.
Select the hard drive that you want to install the windows server on then click on the new button to do the partitions.
Once click on apply it will create a new disk with reserve disk, now select disk and click on Next.
After clicking next the System starts copying all the files from the external drive to the internal drive
It will take some time so be patient and your system will be restarted several times.
It will start the installation and below will be the screenshot will look the same while installation start.
When the system copied all the files and restarted, now you’ll have to finalize your task by entering the required details. Type complex password (composed of uppercase, lowercase, symbol, and numbers) twice in the boxes and click on the Finish button.
It will finalize our setting screen will appear will take some second.
Press ctrl+alt+del buttons to jump-start the screen to a login page and inside the box below the administrator username, enter the password and press Enter button from the keyboard to sign in.
Once you enter successfully you will be on the screen of windows server 2016 home screen page.
This will be the server manage Dashboard for Windows server 2016.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- SharePoint 2013 Windows server AppFabric installation Error
- Windows Server 2012 DNS configuration step by step tutorial
- Configure Forward and Reverse Lookup Zone in DNS in Windows Server 2012 R2
- How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- Configure Active Directory Domain Service in Windows Server 2012 R2 for SharePoint 2016
Here, this tutorial, we checked the windows server 2016 installation steps.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.