Email Server is foremost priority at organizational level. This is because the internal connectivity of organization plays an important role. Thus, a proper preparation, thought-process, and strategy are required to choose a better mail server at an enterprise level. Internal data sharing is an important task and is confidential too, thus admin or management team must go for more relevant and reliable platform. The platform should also be customizable so that the data sharing can be done as per sender’s choice. Considering all these factors, it has been observed that many esteemed enterprises Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. Reduction in excess maintenance costs is another reason why users migrate from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange. Every enterprise wants to go for more flexible, easy-to-use and compatible email application.
Also check out:
– Configure outgoing Email settings using Gmail in SharePoint 2013
– Disabling List Throttling in SharePoint 2010
– Cross-site publishing in SharePoint Server 2013
Strategy Followed to Choose Mail Server:
Distribution: Set up mechanism must be easy to be handled without any hindrance. As per strength of employees and budget of organization, enterprises can opt for either Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition of Exchange Server. One should also concentrate on the distribution deployment plan to be executed to outreach the server to individual user. MS Exchange no doubt is much easier for application set up.
Customizability: Exchange Server is no doubt much more customizable as compared to the Lotus Notes and the new Exchange Server 2010 has many features which can be utilized for better experience. Lotus Notes too have options to customize but some components need to be integrated first.
Complexity: Lotus Notes has innumerable modules and to learn and operate all of them is sort of impossible. Moreover email application is a part of Lotus Notes, and for this part alone installing the whole Lotus Notes is not liable. Enterprises realize this sooner or later. Moreover the Notes platform is extremely complex to be handled and needs expertise at every level.
Authentic Features Provided by Exchange 2010:
– Easy Search Operation: Person with authority has the capability to search at organization-level in specific user mailbox. This feature is convenient for confidential searches.
– DAG: Database Available Group enables to host copies of individual user databases there by designating numerous servers.
– Voice Mail: This is another uncommon feature which has been included in the latest version of exchange. Your messages will be transferred as a voice mail and will be saved as an attachment.
Most Important Step Once You Decide to Migrate:
Right after the decision taken for the migration, you will have to think about a strategy to access old Lotus Notes emails in new Exchange Server. This is because the emails are important and you will need them in your future mail server also. For such kind of migration many tools are available but you should go for the right one. Export Notes is one which is recommended as its technician license is capable to migrate NSF files to Live Exchange server which can be great help to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange.