In this article, we will discuss what we can develop using SharePoint 2010 Sandboxed solution. Before this, I will recommend you to read my last article on What is Sandbox Solutions in SharePoint 2010? , How to deploy the sandboxed solution in SharePoint 2010? and Differences Between Sandboxed and Farm Solutions in SharePoint 2013.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
– You can develop web part but not Visual web part provided by SharePoint 2010. But that web part should communicate within a Site collection.
You can deploy below things in the Sandboxed environment:
– Deploy a new list definition. Also, you can check How to create a custom list definition using visual studio 2010?
– Deploy a new list definition with list item event receivers.
– Deploy a list definition with list event receivers.
You can create event receiver classes within sandboxed solutions for events that fire on list items, lists, and individual sites.
– Deploy a site definition. Also, you can check How to create a Site Definition using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010?
– Also, you can Create a content type.
– Create a new ribbon element.
– Create a new Site Actions menu item.
– Create an instance of a SharePoint list.
– Programmatically create a SharePoint subsite.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)