1) Reboot required.
2) Presence of higher version of same application.
3) Specific installation sequence is required for application and prerequisites.
4) Windows installer service is corrupted. In this case unregister windows installer service and register back.
5) Higher windows installer version is required, at least should be 3.0 or higher.
6) Unable to edit or modify changes in registry file.
7) Insufficient access permissions.
8) Short file name creation is disabled on the target machine.
9) An install script custom action is prototyped incorrectly.
10) A file is locked and cannot be overwritten.
11) Microsoft windows installer service is not installed correctly.
12) Windows Temp folders are full or not available.
13) Setup was corrupted after installation and therefore fails with this error during un-installation.
14) Older version of install shield developer is being used.
15) General error occurred during the installation.
16) Print and file sharing is not installed or enabled when installing MSDE 2000.
I have been working as a Team Lead in IT last 6 years with a strong focus on Microsoft Server Technologies I have been working on Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 & SCCM 2012 R2 etc. Interested in everything related to Configuration Manager & Windows Azure.
Keep learning Keep sharing and keep growing !!
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.