In this post we will discuss about what is the need for system testing.
You can also check my previous posts on What is Automation Testing?, Bug Life Cycle and Tutorial on regression testing.
From ‘V’like models, an organisation follows multiple stages of development along with multiple levels testing.
Due to below issues system testing is mandatory after completion of every program testing(Unit testing) and every related two program interconnection testing(Integration testing)->
(1) User Interface everything else(consists of all user friendly facilities)
(2) User interface Consistency(order of screens).
(3) Timing related defects at software level(Performance i.e Speed in Processing).
(4) Interaction with background tasks at software level(Compatibility,Interaction….etc).
(5) Cope up with data volume,load and security failures.
(6) Special test data conditions(Leap year checking in date field)
(7) Continuity of Functionalities at software level (Registration to login to mailing to logout).