Here in this post, we will discuss difference between machine.config file and web.config file in asp.net.
Also, you can check
– It gets created at the time of Visual Studio installation.
– There can be only one machine.config file exists in a server.
– This is only for machine level configuration like requestLimit, memoryLimit, ClientConnectedCheck etc.
Machine.config file located in below location:
– This got created when you create a web application project.
– This contains information for the application level. And this file inherits setting from the Machine.config file.
– we can store information like Database connection string, session details etc in web.config file.
Some points to remember:
– The settings made in the Web.config file are applied to that particular web application only whereas the settings of Machine.config file are applied to the whole asp.net application.
– web.config file inherits settings from machine.config file.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: