What is Agile Methodology
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this tutorial, we will discuss What is Agile Methodology? Agile principles and Agile driven methods.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
What is Agile Methodology
The Agile Method and methodology is a particular approach to project management that is utilized in software development.
This method assists teams in responding to the unpredictability of constructing software.
It uses incremental, iterative work sequences that are commonly known as sprints.
- The highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
- Delivering working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work daily throughout the project.
- Build a project around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the work done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity – the art of maximizing the amount of work not done – is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective then, tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Popular Agile Driven Methods
I have written a detailed article on What is a Scrum Master? The Role and Responsibilities.
It is a software development methodology which is intended to improve software quality and responsiveness to changing customer requirements.
As a type of agile software development, it advocates frequent “releases” in short development cycles, which is intended to improve productivity and introduce checkpoints at which new customer requirements can be adopted.
Planning and Feedback Loops in Extreme Programming
Adaptive Software Development
Adaptive software development replaces the traditional waterfall cycle with a repeating series of speculating, collaborate, and learn cycles. This dynamic cycle provides for continuous learning and adaptation to the emergent state of the project.
The characteristics of an ASD life cycle are that it is mission-focused, feature-based, iterative, time-boxed, risk-driven, and change tolerant. As with RAD, ASD is also an antecedent to agile software development.
Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM)
It is an agile project delivery framework, initially used as a software development method.
DSDM Agile Project Framework became a generic approach to project management and solution delivery rather than being focused specifically on software development and code creation and could be used for non-IT projects.
The DSDM Agile Project Framework covers a wide range of activities across the whole project lifecycle and includes strong foundations and governance, which set it apart from some other Agile methods.
It is an iterative and incremental approach that embraces principles of Agile development, including continuous user/customer involvement.
DSDM fixes cost, quality, and time at the outset and uses the MoSCoW prioritization of scope into musts, shoulds, could, and will not have to adjust the project deliverable to meet the stated time constraint.
Feature Driven Development (FDD)
Feature-Driven Development (FDD) is a client-centric, architecture-centric, and pragmatic software process. The term “client” in FDD is used to represent what Agile Modeling (AM) refers to as project stakeholders or eXtreme Programming (XP) calls customers.
As the name implies, features are an important aspect of FDD. These practices are driven from a client-valued functionality (feature) perspective. Its main purpose is to deliver tangible, working software repeatedly in a timely manner in accordance with the principles behind the Agile Manifesto.
You may like following tutorials:
- Top 20 Business Analyst Interview questions
- What are the roles and responsibilities of a SharePoint solution architect and a Business analyst?
- Introduction to general HealthCare System – Domain Knowledge
I hope this tutorial, we leaned what is Agile Methodology?
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.