This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix an error we’re having a problem opening this location in file explorer sharepoint 2016 or sharepoint 2013.
When I am trying to open the SharePoint 2016 document library I was getting the below error: We’re having a problem opening this location in File Explorer. Add this web site to your Trusted Sites list and try again.
Also, sometimes I was receiving an error as “Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer”
we’re having a problem opening this location in file explorer sharepoint 2016
Follow the appropriate step for your operating system:
For Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7:
Start -> Run -> type services.msc -> Hit Enter.
For Windows 8
Start -> services.msc-> Hit Enter.
For Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
Start -> services.msc -> Hit Enter.
Note: If the WebClient service isn’t present, you must first install the Desktop Experience. For more information about how to install the Desktop Experience, go to the following Microsoft website:
Install Desktop Experience
Installing desktop experience in Windows Server 2012 r2:
Go to Start -> Administrative Tools -> Server Manager. Then click on Server Selection.
Select the server and click on Next.
Then in the Select features dialog box, Select Features -> expand “User Interfaces and Infrastructure (2 of 3 installed)” and select “Desktop Experience“.
Then in the Add features that are required for Desktop Experience? Click Add Features like below:
Then choose “Restart the destination server automatically if required“.
Once this feature is installed server will be rebooted. After that start the “WebClient” in services window by following the below steps.
Start -> Services -> click on Services (Services.msc) -> Check for “WebClient” service and start the service.
Now you should be able to open a document library in open with explorer view in SharePoint.
I hope this will help you to fix the issue with the opening the SharePoint document library in Explorer view.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- This edition cannot be upgraded error while upgrading to Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- Windows Server 2012 DNS configuration step by step tutorial
- How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- Active directory domain services in windows server 2016
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- Windows Update service must be in running state error while installing AppFabric in Windows server 2012 R2
- SharePoint 2013 IE 11 issue An error has occurred with the data fetch. Please refresh the page and retry
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import sharepoint 2016
This tutorial we learned how to solve error we’re having a problem opening this location in file explorer sharepoint 2016 or sharepoint 2013.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.