If you are working with a project or solution in visual studio 2015, then you will not see the “Show All Files” button in the solution explorer. Here we will see where we can see the button.
You can refer to the fig below that if you will select the solution explorer you will not be able to see the Show All Files button.
Visual Studio 2015 Show All Files button missing
By default, the Show All Files button will not appear if you will select the solution explorer. You can see the button when you will select the Project, or any files or folder or any item inside the project.
To select the project and you will be able to see the Show All Files button like below.
How to Reset Visual Studio Settings
Now, we will see how to reset Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017/2019 settings. If you have modified somethings and you want to reset the settings, then you can do this from the visual studio itself.
Open your Visual Studio 2013, then click on Tools -> Import and Export Settings… as shown in the fig below:
Then choose the Reset all settings radio button as shown in the fig below:
Then choose No, just reset settings, overwriting my current settings, and then click Next. And then Close.
This will reset all the settings and will show a successful message like below:
This is how we can reset visual studio settings.
You may like following SharePoint Visual Studio tutorials:
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email to SharePoint group using visual studio workflow
- Create a Web API for SharePoint Online
- Develop SharePoint workflows using visual studio as SharePoint hosted App
- Create a custom action group in SharePoint 2013/2016 using visual studio
- SharePoint 2016 Develop and deploy custom feature using Visual Studio 2015
- Create a web part page using the visual studio in SharePoint 2013
- Create and deploy site pages or content pages using the visual studio in SharePoint 2013/2016
- How to create site definition using Visual Studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create List Definition and List Instance in SharePoint 2013/2016 using Visual Studio 2013/2015/2016
- Create a custom master page using Visual Studio in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Create an application page in SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio
- Create custom delegate control in SharePoint 2013/2016 using Visual Studio
- SharePoint 2016/2013: Create list instance and list definition using Visual Studio
Here, we learned how to solve Show All Files button missing in solution explorer in visual studio 2015.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com