This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve Error when trying to add a new item in the list “Value does not fall within the expected range.” which comes in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
After SharePoint migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, this issue occurred.
Unable adding / editing items in the SharePoint list, it shows the following error:
“Value does not fall within the expected range.”
Value does not fall within the expected range SharePoint
After a dozen of research in google with no luck, I found the solution as below:
- Open SharePoint list in the browser, go to list settings from the ribbon.
- In the SharePoint list settings page under Columns section, click on the “Indexed Columns” and you should see here a list of indexed columns.
- Delete all the indexes from the SharePoint list.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016 PowerShell Script Examples
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Confirm the SharePoint 2013 Web site in use
- Set Default value to SharePoint DateTime Control
- Change Column Order in List Forms (new/edit/display) in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online without using Code
- $(document).ready(function() not working SharePoint 2013/2016 list form
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- Managed Path in SharePoint 2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains to solve Value does not fall within the expected range in SharePoint.