This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve Error when trying to add a new item in the list “Value does not fall within the expected range.” which comes in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
After SharePoint migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, this issue occurred.
Unable adding / editing items in the SharePoint list, it shows the following error:
“Value does not fall within the expected range.”
Value does not fall within the expected range SharePoint
After a dozen of research in google with no luck, I found the solution as below:
- Open SharePoint list in the browser, go to list settings from the ribbon.
- In the SharePoint list settings page under Columns section, click on the “Indexed Columns” and you should see here a list of indexed columns.
- Delete all the indexes from the SharePoint list.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016 PowerShell Script Examples
- Sign in as different user is missing in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Confirm the SharePoint 2013 Web site in use
- Set Default value to SharePoint DateTime Control
- Change Column Order in List Forms (new/edit/display) in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online without using Code
- $(document).ready(function() not working SharePoint 2013/2016 list form
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- Managed Path in SharePoint 2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains to solve Value does not fall within the expected range in SharePoint.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.