This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve the error, when trying to add a new item in the list “Value does not fall within the expected range.” which comes in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
After SharePoint migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, this issue occurred.
Unable adding / editing items in the SharePoint list, it shows the following error:
“Value does not fall within the expected range.”
Value does not fall within the expected range SharePoint
After a dozen of research in google with no luck, I found the solution as below:
- Open SharePoint list in the browser, go to list settings from the ribbon.
- In the SharePoint list settings page under Columns section, click on the “Indexed Columns” and you should see here a list of indexed columns.
- Delete all the indexes from the SharePoint list.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- http error 503. the service is unavailable in SharePoint 2013/2016/2010
- How to Change Layout of a Page in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Find an Item List search box does not return results
- Download SharePoint Manager 2013
- The workbook cannot be opened error in SharePoint 2013
- Show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains to solve Value does not fall within the expected range in SharePoint.