This InfoPath 2010 tutorial explains, how we can validate email address in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010.
Open you InfoPath 2010 form and you can add a textbox to the form which you want to validate as an email address. Follow the below steps:
– Select the control (textbox) in the InfoPath form.
– Then click on Add Rule -> Is not an E-mail address -> Show validation error as shown in the fig below:
– You can change the rule details also. You can change the Screen Tip message from the Rules window like below:
– If you want to show the validation message in a Dialog box rather than in Screen Tip then:
Click on Show more options in the Rules window like below:
Then give the dialog box message as well as choose Show Screen Tip and dialog box message radio button like below:
Now save and publish the InfoPath form and if you enter an invalid email address, then the validation message will appear like below:
You may like following InfoPath 2010 tutorial:
- Calculate Age based on Date of Birth in date picker in InfoPath in SharePoint 2010
- Print multiple InfoPath form views in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- InfoPath 2103 string-before and string-after function in SharePoint 2013
- InfoPath Replace function in SharePoint 2013
- How to create a udcx file for Main Data Connection in InfoPath?
- Add fields to a library after a form has been published in Infopath SharePoint 2010
- How to hide ribbon in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010?
- Zip code validation in InfoPath 2010
- Phone number validation in InfoPath 2010
- Add multiple lookup column to SharePoint list InfoPath form
- How to show calculated date in a field in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010?
Hope this InfoPath 2010 SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains how can we validate email address in InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)