In this SharePoint tutorial, I will explain the User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013/2016 and how to synchronize AD Services user profile and groups into SharePoint 2013/2016.
User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013/2016
Follow the below steps to create and configure user profile service application
Open SharePoint 2013 central administration and Under system settings -> Click Manage services on the server. Navigate through User Profile Synchronization Service -> Click Start if it’s not started. While starting it will ask to enter a valid service account credential.
So now the service has been successfully started now.
Then Open Manage service application under service application and click on User profile service application. On this page you are able to see the default number of user profile.
Lets we are now going to create the connection to synchronize the profile from Active directory domain services.
Click on Configure Synchronization Connections and then click Create new connection.
Provide the new connection name and Enter Forest name. Choose auto discover the domain controller and enter your domain username and password.
Click Populate container. So it will be querying. Now you are able to see the containers available in your AD Services.
Click Select all or select which units you needed. In my case am select all the units.
Click Ok to complete. So now the new AD Sync connection has been created successfully.
Now Open Configure synchronization timer job and set for every ‘5’ Minutes.
Click Enable and Click Start Profile synchronization.
Start incremental – > Click Ok
Let’ s see the timer job is running on the back end.
so see the final result.
Number of user profiles synced: 19
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 User Profile Service Application (UPSA) configuration step by step tutorial
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- Managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint error Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231
- SharePoint 2013 Configuring User Profile Services to import Emails
- Create External Content Type Based on Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Create a new managed property SharePoint 2013 online
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to create and configure user profile application in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.