This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to use Summary Link Web Part as an Accordion in SharePoint 2013 Online.
First I added the Summary link web part in my page and added the grouping of those links. See in fig
Now enable the all group as an Accordion I simply added Script Editor Web part to this page. See in fig
Now I am going to making this web part into a fully functional accordion for this I added a simple Jquery script the performs hide all hyperlinks in this groups and when a user clicks a group header, hide all sections that is not the current header and expand current selected link selection.
So add the following code
Whole code added here. See in fig
Now you able to see your web part work as an Accordion. See in figs and compare with the first fig you able to see the changes.
This is how we can use the Summary Link Web Part as an Accordion in SharePoint Online 2013.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to add links to top link bar in SharePoint
- Navigation link missing in SharePoint 2013 under Look and Feel
- Wiki Link in SharePoint 2013
- The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program error in SharePoint PowerShell
- Cannot set Column ‘ID’ to be null. Please use DBNull instead in SharePoint Online
- Visual Studio 2015 Show All Files button missing in solution explorer
- Everything is fine but we had a small problem getting your license while adding Nintex workflow for Office 365
- Unable to send Email Alias in a SharePoint Online Workflow Send Email Action
- SharePoint 2016 16 Hive or root Folder
- Document Sets in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change favicon in SharePoint 2013 online and SharePoint on premise Site
- Remove SharePoint 2013 Newsfeed OneDrive Sites from Navbar Hide SharePoint SuiteBar
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.