In this article we will explore the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app and its deployment after the modifications are done. Generally SharePoint app creation is simple but a problem arises when we try to modify or update it. This article highlights the major steps that can help to do that.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in quick launch
- Change default name in Suite Bar in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint Online
- Insert item to SharePoint Online list using PowerShell
Major steps in updating an app:
The following are the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app after it has been published once and needs to be published again after the changes are made.
Only the items marked with * are always required:
– Update the app manifest after making the code changes.
– Raise the Version number in the App element of the appmanifest.xml file. Do not change the ProductID number.
– Then rebuild the app solution and publish the app.
– Override the created app site (App Catalogue in this case) with the newly created app.
– Now go to your custom web application site and use the following procedure as captured in the screenshot:
– Click on Trust it. It takes some time to update the current app and then you are done.
– Click on the newer version of the app and get your changes reflected in the app.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: