In this article we will explore the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app and its deployment after the modifications are done. Generally SharePoint app creation is simple but a problem arises when we try to modify or update it. This article highlights the major steps that can help to do that.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in quick launch
- Change default name in Suite Bar in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint Online
- Insert item to SharePoint Online list using PowerShell
Major steps in updating an app:
The following are the major steps involved in updating a SharePoint app after it has been published once and needs to be published again after the changes are made.
Only the items marked with * are always required:
– Update the app manifest after making the code changes.
– Raise the Version number in the App element of the appmanifest.xml file. Do not change the ProductID number.
– Then rebuild the app solution and publish the app.
– Override the created app site (App Catalogue in this case) with the newly created app.
– Now go to your custom web application site and use the following procedure as captured in the screenshot:
– Click on Trust it. It takes some time to update the current app and then you are done.
– Click on the newer version of the app and get your changes reflected in the app.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: