This SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will discuss how to update user email id using PowerShell and using SharePoint central administration in SharePoint 2013/2016.
To fix this issue we can update the user email-id in 2 ways:
- Update Email-ID in User Profile Service Application through Central Administration
- Update Email-ID using PowerShell
Update Email-ID in User Profile Service Application through Central Administration
Update Email-ID in User Profile Service Application through SharePoint Central Administration, follow the below steps to update email-id of the user.
Log-on to the application server with a FARM admin account. Open the Manage service applications.
Click on “User Profile Service Application”.
Click on “Manage User Profiles”.
Enter the user-id and click on the “Find” button.
You should be able to see the user details and incorrect email-id.
Click on “Edit My Profile”.
Enter the updated email as part in “Work Email” property and click on “Save and Close” button.
As we all know we can do any operation using PowerShell commands. Here is the script to update the email-id property of the user in SharePoint using PowerShell.
Syntax: $user = Get-SPUser -Identity <domain\user-id> -Web <"Web Application URL"> $user | Select UserLogin,DisplayName,Email Set-SPUser -Identity <domain\userId> -Email <email-id> -Web <"Web Application URL"> Example: $user = Get-SPUser -Identity "corp\krishna" -Web http://contoso.com:9535/ $user | Select UserLogin,DisplayName,Email Set-SPUser -Identity "corp\NBKXUAR" -Email "[email protected]" -Web http://contoso.com:9535/
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- SharePoint online 2013 content query web part query string filter
- Setup SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development environment in Windows 10 workstation
- Configure SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in SQL Server 2012 Step by step guide
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to update user email id using PowerShell and from SharePoint 2013 central administration.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019