This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix error unexpected error occurred in method GetObject usage Distributed Logon Token Cache.
Our team found that in one of our web front end servers we are getting the below error:
11/17/2015 23:19:52.99 w3wp.exe (0x2F50) 0x0CE0 SharePoint Foundation Logging Correlation Data xmnv Medium Name=Request (GET:https://SiteURL:443/site1/default.aspx) 39ba429d-4eda-a03f-5a1f-a4b9c43378be
11/17/2015 23:19:53.02 w3wp.exe (0x2F50) 0x0CE0 SharePoint Foundation DistributedCache agyfw Unexpected Unexpected error occurred in method ‘GetObject’ , usage ‘Distributed Logon Token Cache’ – Exception ‘Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheException: ErrorCode:SubStatus:The request timed out.. Additional Information : The client was trying to communicate with the server : net.tcp://SiteURL:22233 at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCache.ThrowException(ResponseBody respBody, RequestBody reqBody) at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCache.InternalGet(String key, DataCacheItemVersion& version, String region, IMonitoringListener listener) at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCache.<>c__DisplayClass49.b__48() at Microsoft.SharePoint.DistributedCaching.SPDistributedCache.GetObject(String key)’. 39ba429d-4eda-a03f-5a1f-a4b9c43378be
Unexpected error occurred in method GetObject usage Distributed Logon Token Cache
Below is the solution I have tried to fix error Unexpected error occurred in method GetObject usage Distributed Logon Token Cache.
- Apply AppFabric latest CU to all servers in the farm.
- Add backgroundGC key to DistributedCacheService.exe.config file on all cache servers
- Restart AppFabric Windows Service on all cache servers
- Restart Distributed Cache SharePoint service on all cache servers
- Reset IIS (IISRESET) on all servers in the farm
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Error UserAgent not available file operations may not be optimized
- File not found error while opening SharePoint 2013 Site
- The list is too large to save as a template
- Enable breadcrumb in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- How to Show and Hide Ribbon always in SharePoint
- Disable Sync button in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 document libraries
- How to hide a master page div when displayed in a SharePoint dialog box?
- Steps to create custom themes in SharePoint 2013
- Attempted to use an object that has ceased to exist SharePoint 2013
- One or more field types are not installed properly.
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix error unexpected error occurred in method GetObject usage Distributed Logon Token Cache which comes in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.